Lindsay Automotive Group proudly sponsors Autism Speaks on many of their efforts, including #LIUB for World Autism Awareness Day and the kickoff for Autism Awareness Month.
Tomorrow is World Autism Awareness Day, and to celebrate, thousands of people are coming together to Light It Up Blue. Join Autism Speaks and help shine a light on autism! Each April 2, Autism Speaks celebrates Light It Up Blue along with the international autism community, in commemoration of the United Nations-sanctioned World Autism Awareness Day. Light It Up Blue is a unique global initiative that kicks-off Autism Awareness Month and helps raise awareness about autism. In honor of this historic day, many iconic landmarks, hotels, sporting venues, concert halls, museums, bridges and retail stores are among the hundreds of thousands of homes and communities that take part to Light It Up Blue.
Did you know …
- Autism now affects 1 in 68 children and 1 in 42 boys
- Autism prevalence figures are growing
- Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S.
- Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average
- Boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have autism
- There is no medical detection or cure for autism
Lindsay Auto Group has been participating in Light it Up Blue for many years. Show your support for Autism by lighting up your business or home with blue lights on the evening of April 2nd.
Look for the blue lights around any of our facilities on April 2nd.
· Our employees will be wearing Autism Bracelets and Autism puzzle piece pins
· Information will be available at our locations regarding Autism Speaks and their cause.
Visit Autism Awareness Day on Facebook.
Our philanthropic philosophy reflects a preference towards activities and events
that benefit children. As such, we are regular sponsors of the annual Children’s Ball
at Children’s Hospital, the Boys & Girls Club of Alexandria, and Autism Speaks.
Lindsay Automotive Group has also sponsored the Alexandria Chamber of Commerce, the
Alexandria Scottish Christmas Walk, and Life with Cancer golf tournament for INOVA Hospital.