The 2014 Lexus IS 250 and 350 models were launched a little over a year ago, and ever since then they’ve made history with records sales. Lexus went with an edgy exterior design, making the IS very sporty, and stuck with V6 engines for both models. The Lexus IS was then tested against the BMW in its segment. The results were startling to most: on and off the track, the Lexus was the better driver’s car, according to Torque News. Then, Car and Driver tested the IS versus the BMW and the rest in the class of sports sedans (think Audi, Mercedes, Infiniti), and they picked the Lexus, too. Road and Track was up next; they also picked the Lexus IS as best in its class overall.
All of the most reputable car review outlets dutifully reported their findings, and as news spread, Lexus had quite a year – this wasn’t supposed to happen for an American car up against European superiors, but it did. To get even more exhilaration out of your Lexus IS sports sedan, opt for the F SPORT Performance package.
Come visit Lindsay Lexus of Alexandria or check us out online at LindsayLexus.com to look out our awesome inventory of the history-making Lexus IS models!
Read Full Post »
It’s tough to argue against informed, unbiased research.
In this case, the researcher is AMCI Testing, one of the go-to names in automotive evaluations, and what the organization is saying is this: They’ve confirmed that the Lexus 2014 GS F SPORT outperforms the 2014 BMW 535i M Sport in 12 key areas that affect safety and performance.
Each year, AMCI conducts rigorous independent studies at their own Proving Ground Road Course in California, and this year, testing included a comparison between these two vehicles. So where did the Lexus GS F SPORT outperform its BMW competition? In every area below:
• Better Overall Handling Performance
• Better Overall Handling Performance on Dry Pavement
• Better Overall Handling Performance on Wet Pavement
• Better Maximum-Performance Handling (ESC Off)
• Better Overall Active-Safety Handling Performance
• Better Overall Evasive-Action Handling Performance
• Better Overall Cornering Performance
• Better Cornering Performance on Dry Pavement
• Better Cornering Performance on Wet Pavement
• Better Overall Slalom Performance
• Better Slalom Performance on Dry Pavement
• Better Slalom Performance on Wet Pavement
You can test drive our Lexus vehicles by visiting Lindsay Lexus of Alexandria at 3410 King Street, Alexandria, VA. You can contact us at 800-944-1925. Visit us online at LindsayLexusOfAlexandria.com.
Read Full Post »